Fish Measuring Guidelines
HOW TO CORRECTLY MEASURE / and ORIENT FISH FOR PROPER JUDGING
Requirements– If ANY of these are not met, AUTOMATIC Disqualification of the fish
- The Correct tournament identifier must be present, and visible in every photo. (SEE FIGURE 1) Number on hand represented identifier for tournament
- Timestamp on TourneyX must match up to tournament hours.
- Location Services must be on for GPS Stamp of fish location to prove it was caught in boundaries for the tournament.
- The fishes mouth must point LEFT, Dorsal fin up, and tail to the right. (SEE FIGURE 2 for an example of a fish that would be disqualified)
- The fishes mouth must clearly be touching the bump board of the Hawg Trough.(SEE FIGURE 1)
- The fishes eye must be clearly seen to prove the fish is alive. (See figure 3 for example of a fish that will be disqualified)
- The anglers hand cannot be under the fishes gill plate, it can be on top of the plate but not inside.(SEE FIGURE 4 for example of a fish that would be disqualified)
Penalties for Incorrect Measuring
The mouth of the fish, while against the bump board, must be completely closed. If the mouth appears to be open ANY at all there will be a 1/2″ deduction from that fishes overall length when judging. (SEE FIGURE 5 for incorrect mouth closing)
Please make yourself very familiar with all of these rules. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to the rules!!
Fish tails cannot be pinched down. The fish tail must be at a resting position on the Hawg Trough. If you are pinching the tail down in your photos your fish will be disqualified! Examples are shown below.
These fish below are fish that the tails are being “PINCHED” and will be disqualified in the 2019 GRFFC.
Below these fish tails are not being pinched and are in a resting position on the measuring board. These fish would be accepted for judging.